The Electronic Systems Technician (EST) career path is one of the fastest growing in North America. ESTs install, upgrade, and service a variety of residential and commercial electronic systems including:
- Audio/Video Systems
- Computer Networking
- Control Systems
- Security and Surveillance
- Cable & Satellite TV
- Green Technologies
As EST’s role is ideal for students who are tech savvy, like to work with their hands, and are not pursuing a traditional four-year degree.
Career Path to Advancement
Becoming an ESPA Certified EST puts students on the path to potential growth and advancement. Working as an EST can be a starting point to positions such as these:
- Lead Technician
- System Designer
- Project Manager
- System Sales
- Company Owner
Potential Career Opportunities
- Entry Level Residential AV and Integration Technician
- Entry Level Commercial AV and Integration Technician
- Entry Level Security and Access Surveillance Technician
- Entry Level Cable & Satellite TV Systems Technician
Access Our Library of Informational PDFs:
- What is an EST?
- What is the ESPA Certification?
- Is an EST Career Path Right for Me? Quiz
- Why Hire an ESPA Certified EST?
- What Do I Need to Know for the ESPA Exam?
- Why Teach to the EST Career Path?
- Who is ESPA?
Unsure where to start? Simply contact us and we’ll help you find the right path.